The mission of Bainbridge Roots Basketball is to develop fundamentally sound basketball players and build positive character traits in young men and women. We strive to provide an environment of excellence, enthusiasm, and discipline. Participants will leave our program as better players and as positive contributing members of our local and global communities.
About: Roots is a progressive fourth through eighth grade basketball program designed by the Bainbridge High School coaching staff. We welcome young men and women from both on and off the island and of all skill levels. Roots seeks to help participants develop as players and people through camps, skills training sessions, practices, and competitive games.
- +Improve the fundamental basketball skills of each young person in our program while developing his moral character and integrity
- +Build a dynamic basketball program that generates pride and tradition throughout the Bainbridge community
- +Develop a strong work ethic among student-athletes committed to personal excellence and team success
- +Prepare our players to become leaders on their teams and in their schools and community by emphasizing and building important character traits
- +Provide an intense and enthusiastic environment where commitment, determination and preparation create opportunities for success
- +Offer an inclusive program that continually provides playing and training opportunities for all Roots players
Quote: “Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.”- John Wooden